Jacksonville, Florida
1.9K views 6 comments

I've paid on time for YEARS and still owe more than I even borrowed.I attached a picture to support that claim too.

It should be a crime the way they calculate and enforce school loans. I've tried to discuss it with Nelnet but they don't care and extremely rude.

I've paid on time for YEARS and still owe more than I even borrowed. I attached a picture to support that claim too.

It should be a crime the way they calculate and enforce school loans.I've tried to discuss it with Nelnet but they don't care and extremely rude.

Review about: Student Loan.

Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Nelnet Loan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Fair pricing / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Nelnet?

Comments

ram8704
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, United States #1090512

You appear to have accrued interest that means at some point you missed enough payments to still be behind on interest.Your loan accrues $832 in interest a year.

That is added monthly so about $69 a month. Your interest accrued in the image is $368. That means you are 5.3 months behind is interest as of now.

You need to pay the entire $386.Then each month pay $69 + what ever amount you want to apply to the principle of the loan.

ransom

There are many free loan calculators on the Internet. You should download one to see how loans amortize with different interest rates and payments. What you are experiencing is normal.

krisfnbs

uh....stop paying the minimum payment... that is what a 7% interest rate will do......pretty much the whole purpose of interest....

do the math, you've accrued just as much interest as you have paid :P

Well, if you pay only 1000 per year... that is what happens...

Pay down the interest on your account, have to find a way to allocate the money. You can't just make the minimum payments.