So I consolidated my undergrad loans in 2005 with Nelnet.Glad I consolidated before the rates got jacked up, but having to work with Nelnet is the main reason I will probably consolidate again as soon as possible.

I am a resident physician and due to Congress's attacks on my profession, I no longer have deferral options, despite my salary relative to cost of living and amount of loans. I do have the option, however, to apply for a "resident physician forbearance," which is guaranteed. Due to crazy work hours I let myself slip into repayment and did make two payments at the end of 2011. However early on in January I filled out all the paperwork again, had my bosses sign as required, and faxed them in.

I even called Nelnet and was reassured all the paperwork was received. My auto-payment was NOT withdrawn in January. Yet now it's February and guess what - they already put in for another automatic withdrawal for THIS month. So I call in, and despite the "24/7 " customer service, the system is being "updated" and therefore they can't help me.

This, after NUMEROUS calls in January just to arrange my forbearance paperwork, when one rep I talked to didn't even know of / understand the "resident physician forbearance" option, the next could not email me the appropriate form even within Nelnet's garbage messaging system, then when the form was "emailed" to me it was a PDF of garbage shapes and shaded gray areas but no visible text, then when I tried to download the form from a hidden corner of the website THAT too was just shapes etc. FINALLY I found the form on an even more hidden corder of the website (no thanks to the reps) and this one actually looked like a real PDF, filled it out, faxed it in within a few days, called again a few days later, and was told everything was good for forbearance, as noted above. Yet now what?! REALLY?!

They are STEALING my money, they do not have permission to auto-withdraw my dough when I'm in freakin FORBEARANCE!

To top if all off, their supervisor just informed me that according to a recent government survey their customers are very happy.Well, not THIS customer!!

Review about: Nelnet Loan.

Had an Experience with Nelnet?

Comments

Dear Nelnet customer,

We appologize for your recent experiece with trying to get a forbearance applied to your account and with having KwikPay on your account makeing auto payments. If you have any further concerns with with your account please contact us at 888.486.4722. Adam