I have applied for a student loan to be discharged due to a disability.And then I found out that Nelnet is handling this for the Board of Ed.

Nelnet is taking $200 per month (2 months so far, and counting) from my social security, and not processing the application. In the meantime, they are sending me documents in the mail that are irrelevant (already submitted them) and asking me to submit. And sending me encrypted emails that contain no information. In the meantime, the application for discharge is not being processed, and they are all set to take $200 next month also.

I have chatted with them online, and talked to them on the phone. And they all seem pretty ***.

How could the Dept of Ed ever contract with such a shady company?And how do we get rid of them?

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Nelnet. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Nelnet to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Nelnet and nelnet loan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Nelnet?

Comments