1.1
Interest Rate

Customer service sucks!I was late on a payment after I signed up for autopay.

My account number was off by one digit and they couldn't send an email stating that there was a problem. Instead they put it on their website message center as if I would know to check that regularly. And then the customer service lady was quite rude in letting me know I should have been checking it regularly as if I don't have better things to do. All I asked for was a simple notice in the email stating that my account number was wrong.

It's not like they don't have my email.

They send other information in email, why not that?On top of my frustration, I spoke with two different customer service representatives and they were defensive and very rude!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of nelnet account. Nelnet needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned nelnet account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Nelnet.

Had an Experience with Nelnet?

Comments

None of your banks or credit cards are going to email you either. Better start checking these things yourself.

to Anonymous #1369265

Anonymous,

Your response is not quite accurate and you are somewhat misinformed.If a company wants something from you such as your money then it is their responsibility to notify if they have the ways and the means.

How is a customer/consumer to know that a company is having an issue when handling ones account such as a bank or school loan account--they would not.

That is unless said customer wears a turban and carries a crystal ball.Also, banks will notify consumers via email or letter and credit card company's will send an alert if they should need to contact you about a problem with your account.