North Las Vegas, Nevada

I was making payment to Nelnet every month based on what I could afford.In total I was $1200 behind based on their calculation, they then reported to Credit Bereau that my delinquency was over $30,000 which was the principal instead of $1,200 behind on payment!

I am not happy with this inaccuracy in reporting the amount that was behind.

I think that they do this on purpose to make it much more difficult for people to obtain any type of loan because it appears that you are seriously delinquent and will drop your overall credit scores!This practice needs to change!

Review about: Student Loan Collection.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Nelnet Loan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Nelnet?

Comments

Iowa City, Iowa, United States #791430

They sat they'll help you here, but they're confrontational on the phone and they've already decided they're going to say no. Unfortunately they won't help you. Wont even tell you what the department that they work in does.

Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine #789173

If you feel that your credit has been reported inaccurately in regards to your student loans with Nelnet, you do have the ability to dispute this information. Please send a copy of your credit report containing the information in question, along with your dispute explaining why you feel this is invalid to the following address:

Credit Disputes