I'll be the first to admit I messed up paying my student loans back right away and ended up defaulting.Those loans, which were through Nelnet, were bought by the U.S.
Department of Education which I have since been paying back in good standing. Unbenounced to me, I still had a remaining loan with Nelnet. How did I know this? Well, I didn't.
My Nelnet account was closed because my loans were transferred to the U.S. Department of Education. Every time I would call in to Nelnet, it would state you have no loans with Nelnet, please contact the U.S. Department of Education.
It wasn't until today that I did my credit report and still saw that I'm almost 20 months delinquent on a Nelnet loan. How is this possible? Well the loan transfer was still being processed said the first Nelnet rep I spoke with. I called the U.S.
Department of Education and they had no knowledge of this loan. I called the National Student Loan Database, they said it's processing. So, I decided to call Nelnet once again and low and behold the most intelligent person started the call with "Hi are you calling about your past due bill?" What past due bill, this is the first I even heard of it. Not only that, my loan is still active even after my account being closed.
I went up the chain of command to continually apologetic, but unhelpful people that said "Well this loan couldn't be transferred so it stayed with Nelnet". No communication, account closed, they just let the loan sit there and accrue late fees and destroy my credit. This company's policies are absolutely criminal. They are not in the business of helping anyone.
They are here to *** you. They want you to default, they want to keep you in bad standing. They want to make money and keep you on the line as long as possible. They are nightmare of an organization.
So now I owe $2,000 of late fees on top of my monthly payment.
But, they're sorry so I guess that OK.*** Nelnet, *** their policies, this company is evil.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Constant negative credit reporting
- Hiding of information
- Poor customer service
- Deceitful tactics
You May Also Like
- "Home Relief Services LLC is a Scam! Someone needs to do Something FAST! To Whom it may concern: Who and What was Home Relief Services LLC. The owners of the..."
- "Thousands of complaints online about Ocwen Loan Servicing out right stealing hard working Americans money. Here's a racket for you. Buy a customer's loan. Tell the customer that the first payment..."
- "I too have fallen victim to the "sure we can close your loan in less than 30 days" lie. When I originally shopped around other lenders were giving me..."
- "I ordered a red trench coat in XXL just to be careful seeing that it is coming from overseas. I got the coat and it looked like an oversized lab..."
- "I booked a room at Hotels.com for the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave - Chelsea, 125 West 26th Street, New York, NY. The first lines on the cancellation policy stated..."
- "I just read the previous persons problems mine just started in November. CARID SCUMBAGS charged me $1618.00 for 2 hoods and 2 fenders. That i..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."