I'll be the first to admit I messed up paying my student loans back right away and ended up defaulting.Those loans, which were through Nelnet, were bought by the U.S.
Department of Education which I have since been paying back in good standing. Unbenounced to me, I still had a remaining loan with Nelnet. How did I know this? Well, I didn't.
My Nelnet account was closed because my loans were transferred to the U.S. Department of Education. Every time I would call in to Nelnet, it would state you have no loans with Nelnet, please contact the U.S. Department of Education.
It wasn't until today that I did my credit report and still saw that I'm almost 20 months delinquent on a Nelnet loan. How is this possible? Well the loan transfer was still being processed said the first Nelnet rep I spoke with. I called the U.S.
Department of Education and they had no knowledge of this loan. I called the National Student Loan Database, they said it's processing. So, I decided to call Nelnet once again and low and behold the most intelligent person started the call with "Hi are you calling about your past due bill?" What past due bill, this is the first I even heard of it. Not only that, my loan is still active even after my account being closed.
I went up the chain of command to continually apologetic, but unhelpful people that said "Well this loan couldn't be transferred so it stayed with Nelnet". No communication, account closed, they just let the loan sit there and accrue late fees and destroy my credit. This company's policies are absolutely criminal. They are not in the business of helping anyone.
They are here to *** you. They want you to default, they want to keep you in bad standing. They want to make money and keep you on the line as long as possible. They are nightmare of an organization.
So now I owe $2,000 of late fees on top of my monthly payment.
But, they're sorry so I guess that OK.*** Nelnet, *** their policies, this company is evil.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Constant negative credit reporting
- Hiding of information
- Poor customer service
- Deceitful tactics
You May Also Like
- "Everything everyone is saying is true, but it depends on your preparation as well. Listen, your CREDIT SCORE/REPORT will be pulled and it does matter 100%. Reason being is because..."
- "3. Written by Tony Macic, on 30-11-2010 02:28 What is the Department of Corporations doing about this? UP DATE:That's the million dollar question, Department of Corporation has been protecting information regarding..."
- "Home Relief Services LLC is a Scam! Someone needs to do Something FAST! To Whom it may concern: Who and What was Home Relief Services LLC. The owners of the..."
- "My son who is in the military and currently deployed recently purchased a fleece and while home on leave discovered it was too big. He did not return it before..."
- "Women don't have to post photos of their face , and are allowed to hide their photo, then make men ask them to show it to them, women can post..."
- "Before getting started I'd like to point out the fact that this is the first negative review I have ever wrote - that's how upset I am. On January 16th I..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."