I'll be the first to admit I messed up paying my student loans back right away and ended up defaulting.Those loans, which were through Nelnet, were bought by the U.S.
Department of Education which I have since been paying back in good standing. Unbenounced to me, I still had a remaining loan with Nelnet. How did I know this? Well, I didn't.
My Nelnet account was closed because my loans were transferred to the U.S. Department of Education. Every time I would call in to Nelnet, it would state you have no loans with Nelnet, please contact the U.S. Department of Education.
It wasn't until today that I did my credit report and still saw that I'm almost 20 months delinquent on a Nelnet loan. How is this possible? Well the loan transfer was still being processed said the first Nelnet rep I spoke with. I called the U.S.
Department of Education and they had no knowledge of this loan. I called the National Student Loan Database, they said it's processing. So, I decided to call Nelnet once again and low and behold the most intelligent person started the call with "Hi are you calling about your past due bill?" What past due bill, this is the first I even heard of it. Not only that, my loan is still active even after my account being closed.
I went up the chain of command to continually apologetic, but unhelpful people that said "Well this loan couldn't be transferred so it stayed with Nelnet". No communication, account closed, they just let the loan sit there and accrue late fees and destroy my credit. This company's policies are absolutely criminal. They are not in the business of helping anyone.
They are here to *** you. They want you to default, they want to keep you in bad standing. They want to make money and keep you on the line as long as possible. They are nightmare of an organization.
So now I owe $2,000 of late fees on top of my monthly payment.
But, they're sorry so I guess that OK.*** Nelnet, *** their policies, this company is evil.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Constant negative credit reporting
- Hiding of information
- Poor customer service
- Deceitful tactics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The first thing is the upfront $500, which they tell you will be taken out of your bank account down the road, towards the end of the loan process, but..."
- "Website showed amount due $0.00 because I always pay more than the minimum. Then I received an email saying I was past due by a certain amount. Then..."
- "I understand NFCU loans are due on the 13th of each month, if you do not pay it by the 13th, they are charging you $20 Increased Balance Adjustment, if..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "I ordered a red trench coat in XXL just to be careful seeing that it is coming from overseas. I got the coat and it looked like an oversized lab..."
- "If you go to this Salon for color or highlights make sure to ask for someone with a lot of experience. I called and made an appointment for all over..."
- "YP.com What do you want to find? Nav Add To mybook® Budget Rent A Car of Buffalo-Genesee Street 3999 Genesee St, Cheektowaga, NY 14225 (1) Open Now Today Open 24 Hours (716) 632-4662DirectionsWebsite MORE INFOREVIEWS(1) Hours Regular Hours Mon - Sun Open 24 Hours Extra Phones Call..."