Buffalo, New York
100% full Not resolved

I'll be the first to admit I messed up paying my student loans back right away and ended up defaulting.Those loans, which were through Nelnet, were bought by the U.S.

Department of Education which I have since been paying back in good standing. Unbenounced to me, I still had a remaining loan with Nelnet. How did I know this? Well, I didn't.

My Nelnet account was closed because my loans were transferred to the U.S. Department of Education. Every time I would call in to Nelnet, it would state you have no loans with Nelnet, please contact the U.S. Department of Education.

It wasn't until today that I did my credit report and still saw that I'm almost 20 months delinquent on a Nelnet loan. How is this possible? Well the loan transfer was still being processed said the first Nelnet rep I spoke with. I called the U.S.

Department of Education and they had no knowledge of this loan. I called the National Student Loan Database, they said it's processing. So, I decided to call Nelnet once again and low and behold the most intelligent person started the call with "Hi are you calling about your past due bill?" What past due bill, this is the first I even heard of it. Not only that, my loan is still active even after my account being closed.

I went up the chain of command to continually apologetic, but unhelpful people that said "Well this loan couldn't be transferred so it stayed with Nelnet". No communication, account closed, they just let the loan sit there and accrue late fees and destroy my credit. This company's policies are absolutely criminal. They are not in the business of helping anyone.

They are here to *** you. They want you to default, they want to keep you in bad standing. They want to make money and keep you on the line as long as possible. They are nightmare of an organization.

So now I owe $2,000 of late fees on top of my monthly payment.

But, they're sorry so I guess that OK.*** Nelnet, *** their policies, this company is evil.

Review about: Nelnet Student Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Constant negative credit reporting, Hiding of information, Poor customer service, Deceitful tactics.

Had an Experience with Nelnet?

Comments

***ed off

So lets second this as above I also was told that I was part of the Federal Forgiveness program, I was at $50,000.00 I think this is a FAT *******LIE on Nelnet's part.I was told I would be paying no more than $65.00 to $120.00 a month for close to 20 years then then the Federal GOVT.

takes over the payment and finishes it off. I got my first bill and it read you owe $0.00 each month I read this and though what the #$%@! is going on but my INTEREST CLIMBED AND CLIMBED now with interest I am back to OWING $53,000.00 Because NELNET DID NOT TELL ME I was placed into a #$%^@#*! DEFERMENT!

I want the top brass and a Great Attorney because I want to Sue Nelnet for FRAUD! If you are using NELNET BE VERY AWARE OF WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU!

Now they sent me a normal bill still cheaper from what I owed this past year but I still will be paying this down in I hope 10 years to be gone.I HATE being lied too and NELNET Lies to you Openly!