Nelnet - Inaccurate reporting

15 of 64 Nelnet Reviews
Feb 26
review #477186 contact

I was making payment to Nelnet every month based on what I could afford.In total I was $1200 behind based on their calculation, they then reported to Credit Bereau that my delinquency was over $30,000 which was the principal instead of $1,200 behind on payment!

I am not happy with this inaccuracy in reporting the amount that was behind.

I think that they do this on purpose to make it much more difficult for people to obtain any type of loan because it appears that you are seriously delinquent and will drop your overall credit scores!This practice needs to change!

66210fd
Had an experience with Nelnet?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Mar 05 Iowa City, Iowa

They sat they'll help you here, but they're confrontational on the phone and they've already decided they're going to say no. Unfortunately they won't help you. Wont even tell you what the department that they work in does.

0 0 Reply

Feb 27 Kharkiv, Kharkiv

If you feel that your credit has been reported inaccurately in regards to your student loans with Nelnet, you do have the ability to dispute this information. Please send a copy of your credit report containing the information in question, along with your dispute explaining why you feel this is invalid to the following address:
Credit Disputes
PO Box 82561
Lincoln, NE 68501

0 0 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about Nelnet.
Filing a new complaint about
×